Importance Of Getting Eyes Tested
You may be wondering, do I really need an eye exam every year? Having an eye exam every year is important because ensuring your vision is performing optimally can improve the quality of your day-to-day life. Regular eye exams can also help detect certain eye conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration, which could lead to sight loss. Not having your eyes checked regularly also increases your risk for falls due to poor vision.
How Often Should You Have Your Eyes Checked?
At LMC Optometry, we suggest having a comprehensive eye exam once a year so we can track any changes to your prescription and ocular health.
11 Signs You Should See An Eye Doctor
- You can’t remember when you had your last eye exam. If you don’t know the last time you had a thorough eye exam, it’s probably been a while. Book your eye exam!
- You are at risk for eye diseases, such as cataracts and glaucoma.
- Your vision is getting worse.
- You have dry or itchy eyes.
- You have eye pain.
- You have trouble focusing or have blurry vision.
- You have eye fatigue.
- You have sensitivity to light.
- You have flashes, floaters or spots.
- You have trouble seeing at night.
- You experience frequent headaches.
20/20 vision does not always equate to perfect eye health which is why comprehensive eye exams are important. People often forget about the importance of eye exams and wait until they are already experiencing vision problems which can be harmful and leave irreversible damage. Scheduling regular eye exams could prevent severe and potentially permanent vision problems before they even begin.
LMC Optometry offers comprehensive and technologically-advanced eye exams to help protect and preserve vision throughout your lifetime. Request an appointment for your eye exam today.